Dry Herb Vaporizer UK
CBD & Dry Herb Vaporizers
Need help choosing the right herbal vaporizer?
Click below to answer 5 questions and we'll recommend some for you!Take the Quiz
Dry Herb Vaporizers - UK Buying Guide
Dry herb vaporizers are more popular than ever due to people becoming increasingly conscious of the dangers of smoking.
Dry herb vaporizers come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and prices which can make choosing the perfect device confusing for a vape virgin.
Below is all the information you need to help narrow down your choices.
We also have an interactive quiz that will select the best vape for you - you can do this here.
What is a dry herb vaporizer and how do they work?
Over the last decade, vaping technology has rapidly progressed. As such, features that were once deemed luxurious such as ceramic ovens and precise temperature control can now be found for less than £100.
Today, some of the most popular dry herb vaporizers in the UK are small, portable and affordable.
A herbal vaporizer is typically made out of four parts:
- Battery - this is what provides the energy to heat your herbs. Battery capacity is measured in mAh; the higher the number the more power it'll provide.
- Herbal oven - This is where your herbs are heated. Popular materials are glass, ceramic and stainless steel. Each of these materials has its advantages. It is important to avoid any vaporizer with a plastic oven.
- Heating component - Your vaporizer will power the oven by either conduction, convection or a mixture of the two.
- Airpath - The airpath is the journey the vapour takes from the oven to your mouth. The material used here can affect the taste and quality of the vapour.
Why is vaping better than smoking?
When compared to smoking, vaping is healthier, more cost-effective and has a higher potency.
When you smoke, your herbs combust at over 1000°c. This destroys the majority of cannabinoids in your herbs. Furthermore, combusted plant matter is highly toxic and carcinogenic.
Cannabinoids evaporate at temperatures below 220°c. Conveniently, vaporizers will not reach temperatures hotter than this.
In short, vaping means you inhale more cannabinoids ( what we want) and fewer carcinogens (what we try to avoid!)
Do Dry Herb Vaporizers smell?
Contrary to popular belief, dry herb vaporizers do produce a smell. However, the smell of vaporizers is far less pungent and dissipates quickly when compared to smoking.
When you smoke cannabis, everybody can smell it! In contrast, when vaping only somebody sitting directly next to you would be able to pick up on the scent.
**Further Reading** - We go into more detail about how to minimise the smell from vaping here.
How much should I spend on a dry herb vaporizer?
Well that depends, dry herb vaporizers have a very wide price spectrum.
On one end, vaporizers such as The Mighty and Davinci IQ cost over £200 but they represent the absolute pinnacle when it comes to vaping experiences. High-end vaporizers also tend to use better materials, implement superior technology and have extended warranty periods of up to ten years.
However, don't worry if your pockets are not that deep! You can still find great vaping experiences for under £50. Certain cheap vaporizers have a reputation for using low-quality materials. However, at dank! we guarantee that every vape we sell has non-plastic heating elements and air-paths isolated from the electronics.
You can be certain you are vaping safely no matter how much you spend.
What temperature should I vape at?
There is no perfect temperature.
The Cannabis Sativa plant is very complex and contains over120 different cannabinoids. Each cannabinoid has a different effect on the human body and evaporates at different temperatures.
**Further Reading** - To explain this fully, you’d need to read an entire blog post on it - Lucky for you we wrote one here: The Best temperature for vaping.
Should I choose a conduction or convection vaporizer?
Conduction and Convection are similar soundings words but the way they heat your herbs are very different. They both have their own advantages and disadvantages too!
Conduction vaporizers work by ‘touch’. Similar to cooking on a stove, the herbs will come into direct contact with the heating element which then evaporates the ‘active compounds’ for you to inhale.
In contrast, a convection herb works more similar to an oven; it first creates a hot atmosphere inside the oven. It is the hot air that then heats your herbs.
Convection herb vaporizers are very vogue at the moment because they guarantee no combustion and the most efficient heating.
However, conduction vaporizers have their advantages too. A conduction vaporizer can heat vaping temperature in under 20 seconds. Because conduction technology has been around longer they are often cheaper as well; the Black Mamba and the Pax range of Vaporizers are examples of conduction vaporizers done well.
Storz & Bickel products are famous for having hybrid heating technology. Hybrid ovens offer the best of both conduction and convection whilst minimising the cons. Hybrid ovens are super-efficient and maximise cannabinoid extraction but they come at a cost!
What is the best material for a dry herb vaporizer's oven
You should take particular note of the materials used in your dry herb vaporizer's oven.
The most used materials are:
- Plastic - Plastic ovens are dangerous and should be avoided. Plastic can melt at high temperatures. Also, there is a risk of toxic fumes mixing in with your vapour. dank! do not sell any vaporizers with plastic ovens or air-paths.
- Ceramic - Ceramic is the most popular choice for a good reason: It is an inert material which means it does not affect the taste of your herbs.
- Stainless Steel - Stainless steel is an expensive material and is often used in high-end vaporizers such as the Pax 3. Generally, stainless steel is more durable than ceramic. Also, because it is a non-porous material a stainless steel oven is easy to clean too!
- Glass - Glass is probably the best material for delivering the loudest flavours which is why vaporizers such as the Hybrid X use it. Unfortunately, glass is fragile which is a disadvantage if you travel with your vaporizer often
What size oven do I need in my dry herb vaporizer?
The size of your dry herb vaporizer oven is important because vaporizers tend to work best when at least 75% full. How you vape will dictate which oven size is best for you.
- Small - Small vaporizer ovens tend to hold <0.1grams of bud. Its a great option for those who microdose.
- Medium - Most vape ovens hold between 0.2 - 0.3 grams of herbs. This the perfect size for people who vape alone.
- Large - Sharing is caring! Vapes with large ovens such as the Pax 3 and Black Mamba can hold over 0.5 grams of herbs. This is great if you vape with a friend.
It’s also worth noting that just because your session has finished, it doesn't mean your herbs are spent. It is perfectly fine to come back to a half vaped oven the next day!
Do I require a 'session' or 'on-demand' dry herb vaporizer?
'Session' vaporizers are great for anyone who vapes as a way to relax, whether at home or outside. 90% of dry herb vaporizers are session vaporizers.
'On-demand' vapes cush as the Firefly 2 or Dynavap allow you to take a quick hit within seconds and then go back to whatever you are doing.
Where is the best place to buy a dry herb vaporizer?
dank! is the UK's #1 online shop to buy high quality, portable Dry Herb Vaporizers & CBD Vapes!
We guarantee to have the lowest prices and in fact, we will price match any of our competitors for the same Herb Vaporizer in the UK.
We've built a reputation as having the most approachable and reliable customer service in the industry and it's because we love what we do.
We have a lot of fun testing literally dozens of CBD and dry herb vaporizers but our goal is serious: It is important to us that we are providing our customers with the very best vaporizers at the very best possible prices.
If you come across a lower price feel free to shoot the link over and we'll drop the price for you!
Do you offer free delivery?
No one likes surprise charges. There's nothing worse than filling in all of your details, getting to the checkout page and then have an extra cost added on for shipping - that's why we provide standard shipping completely free of charge for all orders over £15!
Any orders made by 1400 are sent the very same day, and you will be notified via email once your order has been dispatched.