A clean vape is a happy vape.
Vaporizers work best when they are nice and clean. If you allow gunk to build up, your vaporizer will have to work harder than it was designed to. Over time, this will damage the heating element and shorten the lifespan of the battery.
Furthermore, vaping is a healthy pursuit. If your vape is not regularly cleaned, it’ll quickly become clogged. At best, this will affect the taste of your herbs; at worst, it’ll encourage harmful bacteria to grow - we do not want you inhaling that!
Remember, a clean vaporizer equals clean vapour.
What is the best cleaning solution?
Isopropyl Alcohol works by liquifying grease and oils so they can be readily removed. It has the added benefit of killing bacteria too!
The easiest way to use clean your vape is to soak a cloth or cotton wool with the solution. Then wipe your vaporizer down. This method is suitable for any material except for wood.
If your metal screen or filters are particularly bad you can soak them in Isopropyl alcohol overnight. However, it is important not to soak any wooden or silicone parts overnight as this can damage them permanently.
Some plastics and metals are able to be soaked overnight ( For example, parts of the S&B or Dynavap products). If you're unsure, just contact us or wipe down with a swab or cotton-bud soaked in the cleaning solution.
A stitch in time saves nine.
Cleaning vaporizers is a bit like the dishes; if you clean as you go, washing up is pretty easy. However, if you let it pile up, not only will you spend more time at the sink, the leftover bits of food harden and become stubborn to remove.
I’ve learned the hard way that regular quick cleans are far easier and effective than letting gunk build up. If you do this your vape will likely require a soak and a deep scrub.
Pretty much every vaporizer comes with a hard-bristled brush. You should make it part of your routine to give your vaporizer a quick wipe down each day - it will not even take you two minutes!!
- Wait for your vape to cool down - important if you like having fingers!
- Turn your vape upside down over a piece of tissue and give it a light tap to knock out any loose leftover herbs.
- Gently brush away any remaining packed herbs or vaped residue from the sides of the oven. Pay close attention to the filters; residue buildup here has the most significant impact on the vapour flavour.
- Clear out the inside of the mouthpiece in the same way with a dab tool or brush.
- Reassemble your dry herb vaporizer pen and wipe down the outside with a cotton cloth (dampened with Isopropyl Alcohol if you choose) and you're done!
If you haven't got any cleaning solution yet, we stock a large 250ml bottle.
Pro tip: Before switching strains, give your vaporizer a deep clean and then complete a burn off for 5 minutes.
The burn-off acts as a ‘palette cleanser’ for your vaporizer and will mean that the new strain’s taste is unaffected by the old one.